ASI LINKS for C-SEA Website
General information about Ayres Sensory Integration (ASI)
- SI Global Network
This is a trustworthy site for information about Ayres’ Sensory Integration, managed by the organization SIGN (Sensory Integration Global Network). This organization is run and managed by a variety of direct students of A Jean Ayres as well as second generation students of theirs. Their facebook page can be found here.
This is a trustworthy site for information about Ayres’ Sensory Integration. This organization is run and managed by direct students of A Jean Ayres as well as second generation students of theirs.
- Sensory Integration Education
This is a reputable international SI organization with great resources available online about ASI.
- Evidence Based Practices for Children with Autism
According to this report, from the National Clearinghouse on Autism Evidence and Practice Review Team, Ayres Sensory Integration is now an evidence based practice. “Identified EBPs from the previous review period (1990-2011) and the current, full review (1990- 2017) appear in Table 4.1. There are five new EBP categories in this review. Four of the new EBPs were previously identified as “interventions with some evidence,” and now meet the evidencebased criteria based on additional articles in the 2012-2017 review period: Behavior Momentum Intervention, Direct Instruction, Music-Mediated Intervention, and Sensory Integration. It is important to note that Sensory IntegrationR refers explicitly to the model developed by Jean Ayers (2005) and not to a variety of unsupported interventions that address sensory issues (Barton et al., 2015 Case-Smith et al., 2015; Watling & Hauer, 2015).”
- Bodison, S. C., & Parham, L. D. (2018). Specific sensory techniques and sensory environmental modifications for children and youth with sensory integration difficulties: A systematic review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 72(1), 7201190040p1-7201190040p11. Link here.
- Kilroy, E., Aziz-Zadeh, L., & Cermak, S. (2019). Ayres theories of autism and sensory integration revisited: What contemporary neuroscience has to say. Brain sciences, 9(3), 68. Link here.
- Kuhaneck, H., & Kelleher, J. (2018). The classroom sensory environment assessment as an educational tool for teachers. Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, & Early Intervention, 11(2), 161-171. Link here.
- Kuhaneck, H. M., & Kelleher, J. (2015). Development of the classroom sensory environment assessment (CSEA). American journal of occupational therapy, 69(6), 6906180040p1-6906180040p9. Link here.
- Lane, S. J., Mailloux, Z., Schoen, S., Bundy, A., May-Benson, T. A., Parham, L. D., ... & Schaaf, R. C. (2019). Neural Foundations of Ayres Sensory Integration®. Brain sciences, 9(7), 153. Link here.
- Mailloux, Z., & Miller-Kuhaneck, H. (2014). Evolution of a theory: How measurement has shaped Ayres Sensory Integration®. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 68(5), 495-499. Link here.
- Parham, L. D., Roley, S. S., May-Benson, T. A., Koomar, J., Brett-Green, B., Burke, J. P., ... & Schaaf, R. C. (2011). Development of a fidelity measure for research on the effectiveness of the Ayres Sensory Integration® intervention. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 65(2), 133-142. Link here.
- Parham, L. D., Cohn, E. S., Spitzer, S., Koomar, J. A., Miller, L. J., Burke, J. P., ... & Schaaf, R. C. (2007). Fidelity in sensory integration intervention research. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 61(2), 216-227. Link here.
- Pfeiffer, B. A., Koenig, K., Kinnealey, M., Sheppard, M., & Henderson, L. (2011). Effectiveness of sensory integration interventions in children with autism spectrum disorders: A pilot study. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 65(1), 76-85. Link here.
- Schaaf, R. C., Dumont, R. L., Arbesman, M., & May-Benson, T. A. (2018). Efficacy of occupational therapy using Ayres Sensory Integration®: A systematic review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 72(1), 7201190010p1-7201190010p10. Link here.
- Schoen, S. A., Lane, S. J., Mailloux, Z., May‐Benson, T., Parham, L. D., Smith Roley, S., & Schaaf, R. C. (2019). A systematic review of ayres sensory integration intervention for children with autism. Autism Research, 12(1), 6-19. Link here.
- Smith Roley, S., Mailloux, Z., Miller-Kuhaneck, H., & Glennon, T. (2007). Understanding Ayres' sensory integration. Link here.
- Watling, R., & Hauer, S. (2015). Effectiveness of Ayres Sensory Integration® and sensory-based interventions for people with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69(5), 6905180030p1-6905180030p12. Link here.
© Copyright 2020 Academic Therapy Publications. All Rights Reserved.